Friday, August 31, 2012

blue sparkle
I am proudly announcing "The Singles".  This is a series of acoustic tracks that, before the introduction of web 2.0, would not have seen the light of day past my small circle of friends. They were not recorded with the idea that they would sit together in a collection, but signify my roots in songwriting, and seem to fit well together.

My first real guitar was a Washburn D10N, which has not left me.  It's still emblazoned with the gargoyle sticker I bought in a skate shop years ago.  I put calluses on my fingers with this one just fighting my way to create a voice for myself with melody.  I still love the heavy stuff, but have always seen the necessity for balance in my life.  So here's a little taste of the vulnerable side:
http://soundcloud.com/shaking-the-invincible/sets/the-singles-5/

-61309-

No comments:

Post a Comment